Liverpool City Council - COVID-19 Update
Dear Parents and Carers
Please find below information from Steve Reddy, Director of Children and Young People's Services, Liverpool City Council outlining the current position as of the
17 March 2020.
- All schools currently remain open. They will only close as a result of coronavirus case, if directed to by Public Health England.
- Schools will not be communicating to their school community ‘suspected ‘or ‘confirmed’ cases of coronavirus, unless directed to by Public Health England.
- Whilst schools remain open some planned activities will inevitably be cancelled.
- Schools may well restrict all but essential visitors on to the site.
- We will be speaking to Public Health England to consider the implications for children and staff with significant health needs.
- Anyone who has high temperature/fever and/or new persistent cough will be required to self-isolate at home for 14 days along with anyone in their household.
Guidance about staying at home is available here:
NHS guidance can be found here:
- Schools are ensuring that children, young people, staff and visitors are washing their hands thoroughly and regularly throughout the day.
- Schools are taking steps to clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces more often than usual, using regular cleaning products.
- Schools are spending time in lessons, as part of the curriculum, talking to children about coronavirus and supporting children who may be experiencing any anxiety.
We are very grateful for the continued support of all school staff, children and families as we manage these difficult times.